Natural Anti Estrogen Steroid Letrazole 112809-51-5 Femara White Powder for Breast Cancer Treatment
Quick Details for Letrozole Femara
Product name : Letrozole
CAS : 112809-51-5
Synonyms : FEMARA;CGS-20267;LETROZOL;LETROZOLE;LetrozoleUsp28;Letrozole99%;CGS-20267, Femara
Purity : 99%
Appearance : White or light yellow crystal
Molecular Formula : C17H11N5
Molecular Weight : 285.31
Usage : Used as API in Treatment of breast cancer .
Letrozole Femara Description
Letrazole(Femara) is used to treat certain types of breast cancer (such as hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer) in women after menopause. Letrozole is also used to help prevent the cancer from returning. Some breast cancers are made to grow faster by a natural hormone called estrogen. Letrozole decreases the amount of estrogen the body makes and helps to slow or reverse the growth of these breast cancers.This section contains uses of this drug that are not listed in the approved professional labeling for the drug but that may be prescribed by your health care professional. Use this drug for a condition that is listed in this section only if it has been so prescribed by your health care professional .
This medication may also be used to treat infertility in women .
Letrozole(Femara) was first developed in an effort to combat breast cancer in post-menopausal women. In fact, it would prove to be virtually identical to the already popular AI in Arimidex (Anastrozole). While intended for breast cancer treatment, like many AI’s, it has found a welcomed home among anabolic steroid users. Letrozole is one of the most commonly used anti-estrogens among steroid users duringsteroid use to combat possible estrogenic related side effects. It is so effective as an anti-estrogen in this regard many anabolic steroidshave effectively reversed gynecomastia symptoms with Letrozole.
Letrozole lowers the levels of the female sex hormone oestrogen in the body. Oestrogen stimulates some breast cancers to grow. These breast cancers are called hormone sensitive or hormone receptor positive. Letrozole can stop or slow the growth of these cancers. It can also reduce the chance of a breast cancer coming back after surgery.
Letrozole only works in women who have had their menopause. It is a type of drug called an aromatase inhibitor. After the menopause, women don’t produce oestrogen from their ovaries. But they still produce a small amount by using an enzyme called aromatase which turns other sex hormones called androgens into oestrogen. This change happens mainly in fatty tissue, muscle and the skin. Aromatase inhibitors block aromatase so that it can’t change the androgen into oestrogen.
1) Primarily treating certain kinds of breast cancer in women past menopause. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
2) Letrozole is an aromatase inhibitor. It works by reducing the total amount of estrogen produced primarily in the body. This helps to starve cancer cells by.
3) The anti-estrogen action of letrozole has been shown to be useful in pretreatment for termination of pregnancy, in combination with misoprostol. It can be used in place of mifepristone, which is expensive and unavailable in many countries.
4) Letrozole is sometimes used as a treatment for gynecomastia, although it is probably most effective at this if caught in an early stage (such as in users of anabolic steroids) .
5) Some studies have shown that letrozole can be used to promote spermatogenesis in male patients suffering from nonobstructive azoospermia.
6) Letrozole has also been shown to delay the fusing of the growth plates in mice.When used in combination with growth hormone, letrozole has been shown effective in one adolescent boy with a short stature .
7) Letrozole has also been used to treat endometriosis.
Femara and Letrozole Dosing
The most common dose of Femara is 2.5 mg per day on days five through nine of the menstrual cycleSometimes it is given in higher doses of 5 mg or 7.5 mg per day .